Technical Panel 7: Unlocking Offshore Gas Potential: Innovations and Development
The world is witnessing a surge in energy demand due to various factors such as geopolitics, economic growth, industrialisation, and population growth. To meet this escalating demand and facilitate the energy transition, there is a pressing need to explore and unlock the vast potential of offshore gas resources in the region.
Natural gas, as a transition fuel, plays a crucial role in economies that heavily rely on coal for power generation. Moreover, it supports the integration of renewable energy sources. This session aims to provide valuable insights into the opportunities, challenges, and strategies involved in fully realising the full potential of offshore gas resources in the Asia Pacific region.
During the session, we will emphasize the significance of balancing the “net-zero” requirements with our health, safety, and environmental practices for sustainable offshore gas production. We will delve into innovative gas and LNG technologies, exploring the associated opportunities and challenges presented by FLNG.
Join us to gain insights into the challenges faced during the successful integration of offshore gas projects, from exploration and production to infrastructure development, transportation, and storage. Learn how collaboration among operators, designers, manufacturers, and installation contractors can foster success through the sharing of knowledge and best practices.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Powering the energy transition through gas
- Recognising the implications of “net-zero” requirements
- Leveraging industry collaboration and knowledge sharing for best practices and regulatory frameworks
- Understanding technology needs: From reservoir to end customer
- Overcoming complexities associated with integrated offshore gas developments
- FLNG Technologies: Challenges and opportunities